This week in the "To Know Him, A Study of Psalms" Online Bible Study we looked at Psalms that help us seek God’s wisdom and direction in making decisions.
We make innumerable small decisions in our lives, and a few really big ones. But when come to the BIG ones, we want to be prepared by knowing how to come to God to gain His wisdom and His guidance. And thankfully, Psalms is a great model for us in how to do that!
In the full teaching I did earlier this week on FB, we went over the following principles for seeking God in making decisions:
1. The will of God is the Word of God – this is a quote from Pastor James MacDonald and basically means that any time you have a decision to make, first check the Bible because HIS WILL is there! His will is never ever different than the Bible! 🙂
2. Your calling as a Christian is simple. It’s to spread the Gospel and glorify God! And from there, God has given each of us specific talents and spiritual gifts to live this out. What ways do you use your talents and spiritual gifting to spread Jesus?
3. As a dedicated Believer – you can’t miss God’s will for you! When you are daily in the Word and in prayer, and without any grievous sin (obviously we all sin, but nothing on going and obviously against the Bible), then we can rest in believing that God is going to make sure we know His will and that He won’t take us off a cliff!
In seeking God’s wisdom and guidance in making these decisions – here are some great Scriptures from Psalms to incorporate into your prayers. Again, a lot more detailed teaching on these are in the video above, and even more in the 45 min live teaching on Facebook! 🙂 But I pray these verses will encourage you toward FAITH and in making Godly decisions!
– Psalm 25: 4-5 – Make me to know your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all day long.
– Psalm 25: 12 – Who is the man who fears the LORD? He will instruct them in the ways they should choose.
– Psalm 25: 14a – The LORD confides in those who fear Him.
– Psalm 31: 14-15a – But I trust in you, LORD; I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in your hands.
– Psalm 32:10 – The LORD’s unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts Him.
– Psalm 5:3b – I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
I pray these verses help you as trust God and follow Him in asking Him to "confide in you" His way! Believe that He hears you and will lead you!
Register herefor the study to be added to the private Facebook group and have access to the full videos!
Love & Blessings,